Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Nutella Torte

Sorry for the silence... Life has been hectic. I've neglected my beloved hobby of baking for so long *sniff sniff*

Once a week I participate in a casual get together and prayer meeting with a small group of people. Usually we just nosh on a few things but every once in a while we like to have a MEAL together. My faith is a huge part of my life and who I am as a person. I love the time I spend with my friends outside of church - it's a chance for us to decompress from the hustle & bustle of the school/work/home life and to keep each other accountable. A little food for the soul.  Anyhow, so around holiday time (seriously, it was that long ago) we all decided we wanted to do a potluck dinner.

My brain was buzzing with ideas but I calmed down & volunteered to make dessert. My lovely ladies of the group - they're kindred spirits. How so? They loves them some Nutella. (I buy the ginormous twin pack at Costco without batting an eye.) I♥Nutella (if someone were to make a shirt that stated such, I'd totally wear it). I thought about doing cupcakes but I really wanted to try something different.

I decided I wanted to make a flourless chocolate torte. I wanted to make a flourless chocolate torte but make it better. How? HAZELNUTS. Freshly roasted ground hazelnuts, a dab or two or five of Nutella, a bit of melted dark chocolate, a little bit of this, a little bit of that, some love... and voila! We have a Chocolate Hazelnut Torte.


No comments:

Post a Comment